Tuesday, July 14, 2009

An update

It's been too long since I've written a detailed post. A lot has happened over the course of 3 weeks. Because I don't have the patience to write a whole lot right now (I'm getting tireder as the weeks roll on - I know tireder is not a word...) I'll list what's been happenin'.

Gracie came in to town! We had a really good time. It was wonderful to see the Lord work on our relationship, as we tried not to drive each other crazy. :) We had a few days of shopping, went "downtown" for a magic show (Gracie was called up to help!) at the ancient Tropicana, and then off to the Belagio for gelato (yum!). We then stood in line so Gracie could ride the roller coaster at NY NY, but I got really sick so we had to go home. We were able to get some pottery painted. Gracie's "Sun and stars" bowl turned out beautifully! I painted a pig. Oink! Oink!


Half way through Gracie's trip we got a call that my mom's mom, Nannie, had passed away Wednesday morning (6/24) so Gracie had to cut her trip short. We left for VA on Thursday the 25th.

The viewing and funeral went well. It was sad to say goodbye to my Nan but it was good to know she wasn't suffering through chemo anymore.

As it goes with most of my birthdays, something not-so-good happens. This year I buried my grandmother... thankfully the Lord has given me a sense of humor, so I can see the comedy known as my birthday.



Though the circumstances for me coming into town were sad, I certainly enjoyed myself while I was there. I stayed most nights with my grandparents 'cause Jimmy had mono... Sorry, Jim. I got to see good friends, and I had lots of time to spend with my family. I needed this time to get away and relax.


When I got home I was greeted by my exceedingly awesome and handsome husband! I love him so much! He makes my days so much brighter. We had a wonderful time relaxing, hanging out, and enjoying just being together. We don't get much time to do that.


An Otto update: While Michael was here Otto's 3rd eye popped out - known as a Cherry Eye. It was pretty ugly. Our vet gave us steroid eye drops to reduce the swelling, but that didn't work. We were told he would need some surgery costing around $600! I did a little research and was able to get the surgery done for just over $100... The Lord really provided! Otto now has a cone on his head to protect his eye from him scratching it, but other than that he looks great!

As for me, I'm doing well. My last baby checkup went well, I'm right on schedule. Baby Girl is doing wonderfully! She moves pretty much all the time and has started stretching off of my ribs. It hurts pretty bad... The doctor found that I'm a little anemic, so I'm on iron supplements possibly till the end of the pregnancy.

10 weeks to go! Yipee! I'm looking forward to meeting this little mover. We ordered the crib - Thanks, Nina and Pepa (my mom's and dad's "grandparent names") :)


And finally, I'm in the final countdown till Michael gets home from Albuquerque. Finally! He should be back by the end of next week (not this weekend). I really do miss him, but I'm also aware of the transition period we'll be going through soon as we relearn how to live together. ;) Be praying for us!


That's about it. I'll be posting my 7 1/2 month picture soon. Patience!

1 comment:

Alexandra Grace said...

You look so cute Katie you look really
pregnant.:)*

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.