Thursday, December 27, 2007

Books for sale!

Hey guys! Sorry this has taken so long for me to get it up! The following is a list of books I'm either selling or giving away. Please contact me if you are interested.

e-mail: kcoug003@odu.edu
phone: 335-3033 (please only use this only if you absolutely have to!)



* Biology (ODU's version by Pearson) 0-536-95886-6

* "Discoveries: Fifty Stories of the Quest" 0-19-506850-5 (2nd edition)

* Economics (McConnell and Brue) 978-0-07110143-1 (17th edition - international edition) - it still matches the US edition

* "The Articulate Voice" 0-205-38032-8 (very highlighted but readable)

* American Governement (Lowi, Ginsberg, Shepsle) 0-393-92716-4 (9th edition)

* Essentials of Statistics (triola) 0-321-43425-0 (3rd edition - without the MyMathLab)

* "The Bedford Reader" (9th edition) 0-312-43317-4

* Essentials of Statistics (Triola - 2nd edition) 0-201-77129-2



~Let me know if you are interested and I'll give you a price.

Katie

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Katie! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! It's been a busy week of gluten free, trial and error baking!

It is so nice to see that you are not only in the same boat but you are into your faith! I think this is an excellent way to encourage each other. Have you been doing anything to try and gain weight? I have tried to eat tons of sweets and added protein powder to my drinks, all to no avail!

Anyway, a little bout me. I am 22 studying Graphic Design at the Art Institute of Washington in Arlington, VA. When I graduate I really want to start a gluten free bakery...but if that doesn't work I'll just get a job doing graphic design! I have a year left. I see you are in VA too...are you from VA? Where at? I was diagnosed 2 years ago this December. I am 5'5'' and before I was diagnosed I was 120-125 lbs. I lost 10 lbs when I was sick with celiac and then when I was diagnosed I seemed to gain a little back but then I started taking excederin several times a day due to headaches and ended up with terrible gastritis that went undiagnosed for almost a year and I lost another 10-15 lbs....(gastritis really kills your appetite!) I now weigh about 100 lbs. Sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. But I've pretty much plateaued at 100ish. Thank God! If I lost any more weight I would look seriously ill!

I have the same issue with maintaining an appetite, though. Well, I get full really fast! But then I get hungry pretty soon after but just don't have a huge appetite. I can't believe how little you are! That is terrible, and I totally understand your struggle. Have you ever considered the possibility of other food allergies? (i know celiac isn't a food allergy :-)) I have recently wondered if maybe that is my issue....(I also have a little bit of a pain in my abdomen that I can't figure out what it is) but I don't think I could deal with having to take something else out of my diet!

Eating gluten free and living with Celiac is finally starting to feel like second nature. I don't feel like it's everything I think about anymore! But it is obviously still a major part of my life! I mostly struggle with going out to eat and gaining weight.

Anyway, write me back and keep in touch!

Katie D. :)

One Of Light said...

guess what guess what!! you posted this on my birthday!!

:) thanks katie for letting me know about your books.

it's getting to look at lot like bedtime.

i do hope you finnally got warm. thanks for locking up tonight, i appriciate it so very much!

love and blessings,

elaine

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.