Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ummm... Anyone there?

Yeah. I was stuck in the old, old, old elevator at Old Dominion today. I was only in there for 15 minutes but it felt like longer. It was pretty comical to see everyone peer through the 6 inch crack that allowed me to breathe and communicate to the outside world. I felt like I was being born when the man finally opened the door and I said hello to day light again. :-)

My experience in the elevator made me stop. Life - with all of its issues - was put on hold while I waited for help. I got a chance to think and relax. Kinda put myself at rest. I got a chance to pray. I think the most unnerving part of it was that Mom didn't believe me when I texted her about my circumstances.

Try it. Just stop. Don't attempt to do anything. Take a minute to pray and thank the Lord for the life He has given you. It's good for the soul. Believe me.



3 comments:

Teresa said...

Katie! Hasn't this happened to you before? Oh my. Natalie made me ride the elevator today and I almost freaked out...
This was such a great reminder for me to stop and breathe and pray, especially in the middle of such a busy, stressful time! I love you and thanks for helping me keep my sanity in poli sci!

Grace Caroline said...

Cuttie!!!
I didn't know that happened to you, and I'm your sister!!
Love you! Your awesome...that sounds like some random thing that always happens to you, your experiences at ODU, sounds like fun...lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie!
Girl..you got stuck in the elevator???? Oh my goodness! I am sure it was a great opportunity to pray...LOL....
I love you so much! What a blessing to call you friend!!

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.