Tuesday, April 29, 2008

That's my Hubby!

My hubby is flying one of these helos in this picture I found the other day! How exciting! I can't remember which one he is in... but he's there. Gracie and I saw him fly over us when we went to see him fly over Mt. Trashmore.

It has been so much fun getting to know so many people in his squadron. Everyone that I've met has left a great impression. The wives welcomed me in at the Wives Club meeting last week. Somehow, I was put in charge of doing the newsletter... I have no idea how.

It's been wonderful to see the Lord stretch me in ways I didn't think would be stretched. I've had to come out of my comfort zone and get to know people that I wouldn't of had the opportunity to get to know. They all laugh at me and tease Michael because I'm so young. Oh well. He thinks it's funny.


That's been another opportuntiy the Lord has given us as a couple. Throughout the various parties I've gone to with Michael we have both been given the opportunity to see how the other will take care of themselves. (I know that was very poor grammar, but, oh well!) I got to see before we were married how Michael takes care of me around people I don't know. Likewise, he got to see how I interact with people I don't know in somewhat awkward cirmustances. Thankfully, both of us got 110%. :-)

3 comments:

Natasha said...

Thats really cool!

Did it feel wierd going to a "Wives" thing for the 1st time?

Katie Paulus said...

Oh yeah! They were all at least ten years older than me and had years of experience being a navy wife. But, they welcomed me in warmly.

Somehow, I was put in charge of doing the newsletter and a basket for a basket auction coming up in June! Oh well...

Thanks for asking!

abbey said...

That's great, Katie. It is so fun to discover the many ways God has designed you both perfectly for each other...and you will keep finding them as time goes on! I'm so excited for you about the whole milk thing! Praise the Lord. I can't imagine cutting out bread and milk and many other things (i'm sure) from my diet! So I applaud you for your self-control. and keep the blog posts coming!

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.