Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Drum roll, please!


It's official - if you haven't heard it yet - the Paulus crew is moving to Las Vegas*! Actually we're moving to Nellis Air Force Base right outside Las Vegas - but it's all the same.
I really need to post a few prayer requests:
1.)That the Lord would give me a clear mind and peace (this is my first move... ever)
2.) That I would look to be a blessing to Michael as this draws closer - looking for ways to make the move go smoother
3.) That I would be a Proverbs 31 wife, specifically as I set up house in a new area. (Michael's came pre-set) :)
4.) That the Lord would guide our footsteps, ease the emotions attached with leaving the ones I love and the home I grew up in, and help me cleave to my wonderful husband as he leads me into the great unknown.
5.) That the Lord would open up a college for me to attend and finalize what my degree will be in (I happened to love my chemistry course this summer! I know, I'm a nerd...)
*As with any military transfer it's not final till it's final. Layman's: Las Vegas is not final until I am in Las Vegas.

4 comments:

Take Me Back to VA said...

Hey Katie! So you're moving too! Well I for sure will be keeping you in my prayers. I've done it so many times I forget (my dad was in the navy) but it never gets easier to leave your friends. The good news is the new ones will be just a great. (Its just too bad you can't take your mom with you!) Love!
Tina Kraft

Natasha said...

I am going to miss you Katie! i will pray for you and Michael as you go through this change. (you had better visit as much as possible :) he he )

Katherine M. said...

Katie, You don't know me, but I know you're one of Abbey's friends. My heart goes to you. I will be praying that God will give you a deep assurance of His love and timing. I know leaving family is so difficult, but God will give you much grace as you cling to Him.

Bekah said...

Katie,
Wow...let me just say that I know somewhat of what you are going through, and that I will be praying for you and Michael as you head out west! I know that God will deeply bless you and I know without a doubt that He will use this to draw you closer to Him and closer to each other. That has been my experience here, being away from everything familiar, but though its been hard, I wouldn't trade it for anything. So be encouraged that God is going to do great and mighty things in you and in your marriage! Praying for you!

Bekah H.

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.