Monday, July 28, 2008

To Georgia and back again.


I'm home after a long weekend full of working, packing, unpacking, traveling, playing with a two year old... you get the drift.... I'm happy to be home!


Michael is also gone at this time. This is the first time that he has really been away from me. We've been communicating through e-mail, when I have internet access which hasn't been that often. I've really been convicted about how I spend my days without Michael to care for.


Here was my schedule for today:


7:00am - Breakfast at some hotel outside of Emporia

8:15am - on the road home

10:30am - at the store deciding whether or not to unload (I did have a nap on the road)

11:45am - finished up at work and drove Elaine home

12:30pm - I realized that I had left my can opener at Joy's house. (I was in dire need of it because I didn't have any food at home and the only thing I was craving - I'm not pregnant :p - was beans and hot dogs)

1:30pm - home after getting my can opener and picking up two movies

2:00pm - lunch and a movie, ok, two movies

5:00pm - I piddled around the house washing sheets and cleaning up

7:00pm - I'm still piddling

9:00pm - piddling some more

Now - I'm tired and ready for my own bed!


So was it okay to not be as resourceful (sp?) with my day as I could have? I don't know. It kinda felt good to not have an agenda and only need to worry about how I'm being taken care of.


Hmmm.


And, I didn't mention this earlier, but I have found that I'm a pretty big baby when my husband leaves. :) I was almost a bucket of tears when he left on Monday and now I'm counting down the hours till Thursday!


I'll get used to it I suppose. The Lord is my strength!

3 comments:

Take Me Back to VA said...

The most amazing thing I found after being married; (And mind you, I lived on my own for several years beforehand) is that the Lord really does take two people and make them one. When hes gone, you kinda feel like half a person. At least I do. And I find it hard to know what to do with myself. Its nice really, at some moments just to function on a basic existence. To eat food from a can, or fast food and not cook or do laundry for a whole week cause its just you. But you have to relearn how to do these things. When ryan is gone I eat chips and cheese and doughnuts and live on my couch drinking wine in my underwear. Just because I can! I think decompressing and reorienting yourself to "just you status" is important when your husband is gone. Its kinda of emotionally traumatic. Dont beat yourself up if you take a day or two to be mopey. Now if you take a week... You should consider talking to someone about praying with you about being a little more alive. =) Love ya!

Jen and Justin said...

Here's to us "bucket of tears" Navy wives... who love out husbands so much and that we truly feel like part of us is gone when they are away. I constantly remind myself that this is a good thing... that this is the Lord's doing. He is making two hearts one. I've been without Justin for 5 weeks and I'm not at all use to it... I cried yesterday as we pulled into the airport knowing I was about to say goodbye again and you know what? My hubby was sad all day yesterday also! So here's to us, the bucket brigade. May our wine glasses never be empty when our husbands are away ;) Love you!

Katherine M. said...

My heart goes out to you military wives. I don't know how you do it, but I know that God gives grace to those who call out to Him.
I have a difficult time when I'm away from my husband after 26 years of marriage. I encourage you to use the time away to spend much time with the Lord and get with friends or family and create happy memories. You and your husband will have good conversation about your times apart, and you'll be a blessing to him rather than dragging him down with guilt or sadness. I've done this both ways and know from experience that using your time away as a time to pursue the Lord, friends, and family is way better than pining away for my husband. Hope you are doing well. Any news about your move?

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.