Friday, February 6, 2009

Feelings of desperation

I'm nauseous. And tired. And struggling with a good attitude. I feel like I stay in bed most of the day watching my new addiction CSI NY. When I get up I'm nauseous again. Eating hasn't been helping ease the nausea. My house is in shambles (at least I think it is). But I don't have the energy to do more than pick up a few things and maybe fold clothes on my bed.

I have good days and bad days. Today is a bad day.

I have to be transparently honest right now. I need some encouragement. I feel like I'm in a battle that sometimes I win but most of the time I lose. Like today. What's worse, to me, is that I keep doing things to stop the sick feeling - taking ginger, sucking on peppermint, eating small meals, eating protein, taking B6 - I feel like I've tried it all and NOTHING IS HELPING.

I know this is only for a short season, but it feels like it's been going on for a while. I'm tired (what's new). Small ventures wear me out (loading the dishwasher, making dinner, going to Target). Ahhhhhh!

If anyone has any scriptures to encourage me they would be very welcome.

Thank you, friends!

3 comments:

One Of Light said...

Oh, dear Katie. I wish I was there with you right now. Helping you do all those little things you can't do on your own. Here are a few verses (all taken from the Daily Light--a devotional I have with night/day readings that are various different scriptures put together:

"For we are hard pressed on everyside, yet not crushed...
"Come to Me all you who are heavy laden , and I will give you rest..
"Surely He has borne our griefts and carried our sorrows. For we do not have a High Preist who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses. Let us therefore come boldly before the throne of grance., that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. He cares for you. As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you.
"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."
"He gives power to the weak and to those who have no might He increases strength."
"The Lord had annointed Me to preach good news, to comfort all who mourn, and give them the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness...joy comes in the morning!"
"My grace is sufficent for you, for My strenght is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities....for when I am weak, then I am strong.

If I find any other that may be of encouragement, I will certainly pass them along. Katie, I pray that you feel the strenght and presence of Our heavenly Father in ways that you have never felt before during this time in your life. I speak to your sickness, in the name of Jesus, and ask it to cease/and leave! I pray that through this pregnancy you would grow so close to the Lord, that your testimony would bless other women.

Hug and a kiss, love you and miss you. Hmm...maybe I need to look into flights to Vegas....Please call me anytime if talking helps. :)

-Elaine

Alexandra Grace said...

I hope you feel better soon. I will be praying for you.

Katie Virginia Battaglia said...

I think of you often. I'm prayin' for you. I know it's a trial in the midst of something wonderful. I was REALLY sick as well ( I won't tell you how long - heehee) I'll pray you are out of this phase soon!!! God will use it for your good as well as making the baby's birth even more worth the wait!!!

p.s. we were changing our minds about how many kids we wanted during my pregnancy... now I know it really was completely worth every sick day and every moment with my head in the toilet :)

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.