Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A very happy President's Day

Yesterday, Michael took me out to the movies on a very dreary, wet Las Vegas Monday. We bummed around and saw two movies (neither one would we probably see again, I must mention). When we left Michael said he wanted to go for a drive, but he really had something else up his sleeve!

After we drove around for a few minutes Michael pulled into the Bed Bath and Beyond parking lot.... Hmmm. I was completely confused and questioning my husband's sanity. What could we possibly need at BB&B? And why didn't he tell me so I could bring all of those gift cards from our wedding?


We entered the store and Michael walked straight back to the kitchen appliance center! A KITCHENAID MIXER!!! Aaaah! I've wanted one for years, and now that I don't have the convenience of using my wonderful mother's I'm kinda stuck with aching arms after stirring for forever (or so it seems).


Michael and I had decided back in November that with the move and fixing up the house and decreased funds we would postpone Christmas till March (our anniversary to be exact). But now it looks like Michael will be gone for our anniversary. So, quoting Michael, "I want to be able to enjoy the mixer before I have to leave." He's so sweet. He knows he'll enjoy the fruits of the mixer.


On top of all of this, Michael went so far as to research exactly what kind of mixer we should get. He already knew that I want an Empire Red Kitchenaid mixer, but not the type. So he asked a bunch of different people with kitchenaid mixers to see what the general consensus was: a 6qt stand mixer (the one where the bowl goes up by a lever). It was a little pricier than I anticipated, but everyone that has one said that if you plan on doubling a recipe it's perfect. (And since we want to have 5 kiddos it'll be nice to have that extra capacity.) He came prepared as well, coupons in hand (Thanks, Lizzie K). And the Lord gave us favor with the sales rep and she gave us free shipping! Altogether, we were able to save $140!!! Lord, thank you! Michael, thank you! Random sales rep, thank you!
I was so blessed! It should arrive by the end of next week! Yipee! Thank you, Love! I can't stop smiling!

2 comments:

Take Me Back to VA said...

Yea! Thats so great! I have one in Cinnamon Red that I got for my first anniversary! I love, love, love it. I make cookies and pie dough and mashed potatoes and everything in it. Thats so fun!

Kate Van said...

Hey Kaite, I ran into your sweet sis at Old Navy the other day and it made me think of you and how you're doing. I have the all-day sickness too. Not throwing up all day just indigestion from everything and yuck feeling all over. I also struggled emotionally over not being able to accomplish much or focus. One cool thing through it all was to see how God's grace allowed Clay & I to draw closer to one another despite my 'lack of trying' or 'devotions'. He was so faithful to help us love and serve one another. This made me thankful to know that even when I don't 'feel' God's faithfulness I can trust His perfect plan and kindness to never leave me or forsake me. Yeah, nothing really helped me food-wise, but keeping something continually in my belly was the best medicine for me. I had to stop taking vitamins (yikes!) for a while as they made me miserable! Don't feel bad about not being able to 'get everything done', you are growing a BABY and that's not an easy job. Blessings upon you and your family!

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.