Friday, March 20, 2009

Then and Now


The first pic is from a cutey photo shoot my mom did when we started dating the second time. I'm obviously too thin.
The second pic is me almost exactly one year ago on our honeymoon. Happiness makes you put on a little weight... I wasn't quite as skinny as in the first pic.

This is me now. Yeah. I've put on a little weight. :) Happily, though. By the way, the pants in the first two pictures... I can't get them around my hips now. If that gives you a point of reference.
For those of you who don't know me terribly well, this post was harder for me to write. I very much struggled with my perception of myself and viewed myself through what I thought others were thinking. And, yes, I was way too skinny. That was not intentional. I used to be much heavier than the first picture but I never gained back the weight I lost with Celiacs. Until now! I'm now 1lb away from my goal weight and looking forward to surpassing my goal weight very soon. :)

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Hey Beautiful! I MISSSSS YOU!
Peanut isn't such a peanut anymore... ;) I can't wait to see your preggers self! I love you so much and hope that you will be able to have some time for me when you get back! I miss you so very much, my dear friend, and I hope you are doing well!

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.