Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History will be made today - in one form or the other.

I'm so excited! I voted for the first time. Nothing exciting or anything. Actually, it was a bit irritating. One hour standing in line it started to rain - no rain jacket or umbrella. Two hours waiting in line and I haven't moved in thirty minutes. Two and half hours in line and they ran out of ballot cards - just my luck. Also found out that there was a riot earlier that morning - part of why it took so long for us to move. Two hours and Forty-five minutes: I voted!!!!


The Lord did open up an opportunity for me to rejoice in the Gospel with the man standing with me in line. Fate (his name) just lost his 91 year old mother last Wednesday, his gas pipes leaked, his water pipe burst and four close friends and relatives died in the last month and a half! Needless to say, he was pretty down. When we started our conversation we both were loving the fact that the Lord places people in leadership, so neither of us needed to worry.
The whole time we talked we talked about what God was doing in our lives. He was really struggling to smile and be cheerful. The Holy Spirit kept putting on my heart to pray for him. I put it off, "I'll pray for him in a few minutes. Let's move up some in the line." Finally, he bravely asked me to keep him in my prayers over this coming week, with family members and friends coming into town for the funeral on Thursday for Mama Lil (his mother - I love it!). Right there I prayed for him. I prayed for strength, peace, and joy for Fate. It was so wonderful to get to see the Lord move on our hearts! We prayed for the election. For our leaders. It was great. Amazingly, soon after we prayed his whole demeanor lightened up! I felt like I was talking to a new man.

Lord, thank you for putting people into my life to unknowingly encourage me that you are sovereign over all I do and go to do! You are in control of my life! Thank you!

No comments:

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.