Sunday, November 2, 2008

If you think of me,

Please pray. I am in a wonderful, amazing, and sad place in my life right now. Being less than two months away from moving emotions are abundant as are my prayers. Loving people come up and ask how I'm doing. To be honest, I have felt the need to lie and save myself from sorrow, tears or the truth. This season is a dichotomy: I'm so excited about the adventure, with my wonderful husband, that I'm embarking on. But at the same time my heart aches (literally) for everyone that I'm leaving behind.

So the truth, I'm excited that I'm moving. I know that I will make it through this time because the Lord has given me the strength to press on. Before I even met Michael the Lord was shaping me for this time, and all the experiences to come. Somewhere, the Lord talks about not giving us more than we can bear, but that He provides us with the strength needed for each new trial. (i'll have to find the verse later.)

Another truth, I'm so sad that I will be leaving behind all of you! All the loving people that have spoken into my life, Mom, Gracie, Mema, etc. All the possible events I will miss, weddings, showers, babies, courtships.

Also, another hard thing for me is hearing of all the planned trips to come and visit us. For real. Everybody means well, and I truly hope we will get many visitors. But life does set in. People get busy. Long distance friendships seem further away, and more expensive than when we planned the trip back in April! All is well. I'm in my Savior's hands. He knows the good intentions, and well thought out plans. He will provide for us.

But the Lord hasn't given me the grace to deal with the "what if's" He has given me strength for today and a peace about tomorrow. If the Lord leads us through our daily mundane lives (or active lives - Jennifer :) why would He drop us when the big things come up? No. On the contrary. God's grace and mercy is new every day!!!! What amazing news!!! I will not be forsaken, no matter how hard things get.

Lord, thank you!

And, if you think of us, specifically me, please pray for strength and compassion for those I interact with. I keep wanting to bite people's heads off for asking the same questions. I really struggle with patience. :) I drive myself crazy sometimes!!

Ciao, till later.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

I will pray for you Katie. You will be missed :(

P.S. I have the blog follower thing on my blog to...if you want you should come click to follow my blog! Your pic will then be on there ( if you choose to follow publicly )! :)

Jen and Justin said...

Katie,
While I don't know the emotions that you're experiencing before moving... I can sympathize b/c I'm there now. The amazing thing about marriage is you are now 1 with Michael. When you're weak you can draw the strength/encouragement you need from Michael. He'll be you're constant reminder of the Father's love and steadfastness. The Lord will provide new and equally wonderful friends in Las Vegas... who will get engaged, married and have babies! Keep smiling and eating chocolate! I can't wait to find a super duper WalMart with you :) Love you so much!

Take Me Back to VA said...

Hi.
Um, well since I feel that I should:
Good points about having moved-
Ryan and I are closer than ever. He has been fantastic about my stir craziness, my boredom and the fact that he is still my only friend. And we are still friends. We talk more than ever and all the time.
I am learning a lot about myself. Lots of mean and nasty things that I didnt really know, or actually I did but didnt want to own.
And life is kinda slow paced and peaceful.
So there. And you are not moving to someplace where they dont have malls or Target.

Love you!

Rebekah said...

Katie...I love you so very much, friend. I am going to miss you even more than you know! But I am confident that the Lord will be faithful to provide friendships for you in the ladies of the squadron. I know that He is going to use you to minister to the other women there! You have encouraged many hearts here with your funny personality, your wit :D your love for God, your love for your husband, and your love for others...I am excited to see how God will use you in the next season of your life, away from the familar and into a great adventure! ;) Praying for the Holy Spirit to be poured out on your life, sweet friend...love you lots! Beka boo <3

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.