Thursday, April 2, 2009

A break through!

As some of you know, Michael and I have had a hard time meeting our neighbors here in Vegas. I take that back. They don't even wave back at us! People here just aren't very friendly. We actually get excited when someone drives by and smiles at us! A wave is even more impressive...

So you can imagine my shock this morning when I took the trash out and the guy next door initiated the "Good morning!" I hardly knew what to do with myself! So I stuttered a "Mornin'!" and went inside to share my surprise and joy with Michael (over a text).

But it gets better!

Shortly after text messaging Michael the door bell rings. Who on earth could that be? Our neighbor again! He was very friendly, told me about his wife and daughter, offered to help if we needed it, and gave me back the Tupperware I had sent over with cookies (never expected to get that back!). Holy cow! Two unbelievable happenings in just 15 minutes.

God is so good to me! I was kinda worried about the fact that I knew no one in the neighborhood that I could ask help from while Michael's gone. Now I do! And they're really nice! Yeah!

One victory in Vegas! Hopefully a lot more to come.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

That is soo neat!

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.