Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Michael

My Love,

If you're reading this, I just want you to know that I love you. And I miss you terribly. I wish you could be here to laugh with me, cry with me, just be here 'cause you're wonderful. I love you. I'm so thankful that God brought you into my life almost five years ago. Being married to you is such a great adventure that I'm glad we embarked on.

Aside from being the handsomest guy I know, and getting handsomer as the days go on, the smartest guy I know, and the wisest guy I know, you are exactly what I didn't know I needed in a husband. You search my heart motives, bringing me back to the cross, even states away. You laugh at me when I'm being too serious. You please my girly whims (I'm sorry Confessions of a Shopaholic was such a let down). You are 110% man, which I'm learning how to appreciate (how your truck can bring you such excitement, I will never know). The Lord knew I needed someone honest. You're my George Washington - "I cannot tell a lie." And even when we squabble you're the first to start working it out. You're my support system. My right-hand man. My Superman.

And when duty calls, you are Johnny on the spot. Not only concerning your duty to our nation, but to our family. I must say I was amazed at how you handled Kara's situation last Sunday. Something needed to be done and you where there and executed your plans with perfection. The night couldn't have gone smoother - besides Kara not crashing... :) There was no question that that random man called the right person to do what needed to be done. You were so efficient that we thought we were going to get air support at any second!

To sum it up:
I love you.
I miss you.
And you're awesome.

1 comment:

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.