Wednesday, April 1, 2009

You know your life is pitiful when you start to tear up reading your old posts. Or you're hormonal.

I'm pathetic. The tears started when I read about Gracie giving me the coloring book while I was sick. Then I reread about the man whose life was just not going well, when I voted. I reflected on how blessed I am to have my husband. How the Lord has been so good to me through the whole process of this move.

I am not, thankfully, the same person I was one year ago. And that is totally and completely due to the grace of my Father in my life and the people that He has placed in my life.

Of all those people, Michael sticks out. A year ago, I married the man I was in love with. I did not, however, know fully why God had given me him. Michael reminds me to keep my tongue in check (which all too often doesn't happen), to be grace-filled, to love even when I don't feel like I'm being shown love, to take life one step at a time, that anxiety is not from the Lord, to bring my gaze back to the cross. Among many other things.

Ya'll, my hubby is AWESOME! I am honored to get to walk through this life with him by my side. Often figuratively. I'm excited to get to raise a family with him. I love going to squadron parties without him and person after person coming up to me and telling me how great my love is. He is great. And keeps on getting better. :)

I love you, Michael! Looking forward to spending the weekend with you!!

No comments:

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.