Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Boeuf Bourguignon

So the meal went well, not as satisfying as all the work Michael and I put into it, though. Sunday night we cooked from 8pm to 1am and then cleaned up from 1am to 2am. Needless to say, we were both exhausted when 7:30am rolled around.



We refrigerated the food and served it Monday night to our friends Vinnie and Cambria. Cambria tried to guess what we had made and shouted and jumped up and down when we told her "boeuf bourguignon". "Julia Child's 'Boeuf Bourguignon!!!" She had been wanting to prepare it since she saw the wonderful movie Julie/Julia (as did we... )

The meat was a little overdone, and it just didn't taste as "amazing" as it smelled. Oh well.




On the other hand, Michael and I had such a good time cooking together that we felt like we got an inexpensive date night out of it. We danced around each other as the broth boiled and the bourguignon simmered. We rolled our eyes in delight smelling the brown braised onions. And even when we were exhausted and starting to get grumpy (that can happen at 1am) we still laughed as we scrubbed down the kitchen from our cooking escapade.

It was a wonderful night.

Monday, as well was a great time. Vinnie and Cambria are awesome and we thoroughly enjoyed sitting and talking for 4 hours. I don't know about them, but I wasn't ready for the night to be over when they left. Leaves me in anticipation for the next time we can all get together.



Lord, thanks for great friends, good wine, and wonderful days full of laughter.

No comments:

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.