Monday, March 8, 2010

Sitting around


Saturday I did a lot of sitting around and waiting. For what? My husband!!! Michael returned from his 3 1/2 month deployment Saturday night! I love having my husband home. He brings such joy and stability to our house. Audrey has transitioned well to him, thankfully! She's not in the "mommy only" stage yet. Thank goodness.

And I have finally slept! While he was gone I would sleep through the night, but I'd wake up just as tired as when I went to bed, needing to sleep lightly just in case I needed to help Audrey or defend my castle. Now that my bodyguard is home ;) I fall into such a deep sleep that it's hard for me to wake up. Michael brought Audrey to me while I was in bed, he was on his way to work, and she and I snuggled and fell asleep for an hour! The tiredness is catching up to me. I have a feeling I might be like this for a while. Oh well.

So now, I'm sitting here listening to Audrey talk on the monitor while she tries to go to sleep and watching Michael file our taxes. It's a great day. My family is together. Complete. As it should be.

No comments:

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.