Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happy birthday to me!

Yup it's the big 2-3. Ok, 23 isn't that big a deal. And birthdays seem so much less important to me now that I have kids.

Don't get me wrong, I love to be spoiled, eat cake, and open gifts.

It's just that birthdays have lost their splendor.

This could be because my birthday doesn't always bring good omens.

I've had 2 wonderful men pass away on my birthday, I buried my grandmother on my birthday, had a friend get in a car accident (she was, thankfully, unharmed). To say the least, I do not always look forward to my birthday.

But this year I have 2 wonderful children who love me and depend on me and an incredible husband who loves me and took the kids so I could "sleep in" a little. I have an amazing family and great friends.

To say the least, I am blessed.

So happy birthday to me!

No comments:

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.