Friday, June 24, 2011

Warrior Dash!

August 21, 2011 I will be running the race of the century! The WARRIOR DASH!


Ok, not really the race of the century, but my first race.

It's 5k (~3.15mi) and there are roughly 10 obstacle courses mixed in it!
At the end you run through mud (AWESOME!) and jump over fire (double AWESOME!)

Basically, it's my kind of race.

And I'm really excited to get back in shape, hopefully in better shape!

Thankfully I won't be running this race alone. My sister-in-law, Kara, is my inspiration and running partner! I'll be 3 months post-partum and she'll be 5 months.

So today marks Day 1 of my training.

How did I do? I SUCKED! But I've got to start somewhere!

I'm hoping to find some encouragement as I document my progress. It'll probably be a tough road, but I need this. This is definitely a humbling experience, seeing how out of shape I'm in. I need to get my flabby a$$ in shape. It's about time!

~Katie

Day 1
20 minutes fast walking
90 degrees
8:20am - 8:40am
Ate peanut butter toast beforehand (perfect!)

Notes: Wake up earlier to take advantage of cooler weather. Set up blue tooth so I can talk and run (helps me monitor my breathing).

No comments:

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.