Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 7, 52 days left

My first week is done! And I have improved since I started!



Today I ran 1/2 mi with the jogging stroller and power walked the other 1/2 mi. What a workout! When I get home my whole body is tired from pushing that monstrous thing. But I wouldn't be able to run with out it, seeing as Michael's schedule and my exhaustion don't allow for optimum times to run by myself.





By the way, this is my running stroller (above) a Croozer 535. It's a stroller, jogger, and bike trailer. I LOVE IT!!! I found this at a 2nd hand kids shop. They cost $400 and I was able to get this for $180! (The Lord must know I need to get in shape!)


I'm very excited about getting in shape, despite all the pain, sweat and tears. I have never been an "athletic" person. This is a huge change for me and I'm loving it. I haven't seen any physical changes, but it is encouraging to see improvement, nonetheless.


Society has trained me to want instant results. We're an impatient generation. I'm trying to change my perspective through working out and it's spilling over into my everyday life, the way I view my children, and the expectations I have for me, my husband, and my kids. I need to enjoy the moment. Carpe Diem! Or else life's going to pass me by and I'll be stuck wondering where the time went. Why didn't I enjoy my daughter exploring her world? Why didn't I sit and cuddle my son when he cried? These are short seasons, so I need to enjoy them while they last.


Wow. Didn't mean to get all philosophical on your ass. Eh. Nobody reads this anyways. :)


Oh! We're leaving for TX on Saturday so I may not be able to update ye old blog for 2 weeks or so. I will, however, still be running. And we booked our hotel room for the race!


This is really happening! I'm really running a race! I'm frickin' insane!


Oh well. See ya!

No comments:

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.