Monday, May 11, 2009

The Monday Mad Dash

As usual, I'm in a glorious sleep dreaming of gum drops and sugar fairies when I hear it. The TRASH MAN! I've forgotten (again) to put my weekend trash can out to be taken away to trash heaven.

Then, the familiar questions start:

- Is he going around the corner, or did he already pass my house?

- Did I throw anything away that will rot if I don't make it?

- How much trash do I actually have?

- Can this wait till Thursday? I need my beauty sleep.

No, I need to see if I have time to get my overflowing, rotting trash out to the curb in time to be taken away. So... Where are my clothes? Obviously this is a Monday morning pattern. I need "Trash Day clothes". Like a superman suit that I can quickly change into.

Quick! Where are my pants from last night? I know I threw them over in this corner with all of my other disheveled clothes... Aah! Who's that in the mirror???? Oh, just my "sleep" hair. Grab a hat.

Faster! Did I grab all of the trash from around the house? Did I clean out my fridge? Oops. I forgot about that... Hm mm. That old yogurt can wait another week (hold on, I said that the last two weeks... maybe I should run it out to the can...)

I made it! With time to spare! Yes! Now, do I start my day or finish my sleep? Rats. Start my day wins...

And therein ends my Monday Mad Dash...

1 comment:

abbey said...

haha funny katie! luckily our trash guy doesn't come around til late afternoon or else I'd be doing the same thing!

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.