Thursday, May 21, 2009

My cutie. :)

Let me introduce the newest member of the Paulus clan:


Auto!


He's a 7 week old Boston Terrier and has so much energy! I can hardly keep up with him.


The Lord has been using this puppy to grow in me patience, optimism, gratefulness, and how to die to myself ('cause I really don't like waking up at the crack of dawn to let him out and clean up urine every 15 minutes...)
Auto has been such a blessing, especially considering that I did not want a dog. I can definitely see the Lord's hand working on me. The Lord completely opened the door for this little guy - actually He threw open the door, I just didn't want him to. One thing after the other confirmed the fact that I should get Auto. Arrrggh. I did not want a dog.
But now I'm thankful to have the little guy. He's been such a wonderful addition and a great companion.
One of my biggest concerns was housebreaking him while I'm pregnant. But God worked that out too! First of all he's been a very fast learner (much faster than the last dog I owned). I'm still not far enough into my pregnancy that I can't bend over easily. And I'm not too early in my pregnancy that I can't handle the smell of urine.
The Lord is good and knows what I need.
By the way, Michael completely tricked me into getting Auto.
After the Lord threw open all of the doors to confirm that we should get him (I was still hoping He would close one) I woke up with an anxiousness that this isn't the right time to get a dog. Usually, Michael would tell me not to waste my time (it took about an hour and a half to get to the lady's house - one way) and the lady's time. Instead, he told me I should still go and check it out.
Michael knows me too well. He knew I would immediately fall in love with the puppy and take him home without a second thought. And I did.
So here I am. By myself. Plus a dog.
For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.