Friday, May 29, 2009

My husband rocks!

Michael is amazing! I love it that when something bad comes his way he marches through it seeking to be cheerful, even when it's difficult.

Last weekend Michael came back into town (mostly to see my mom and Otto). :) It was such a joy, as always, to be with him. As the weekend progressed, and we bid adieu to Mom, Otto became the center of attention. Let me rephrase that - cleaning up after him became the focus.

After being tempted to grumble about this silly dog, who pees when and where it fancies him, Michael remembered a conversation he had with a good friend. His friend encouraged him to see this (Otto) as an opportunity to be patient and as a preview to fatherhood. Immediately Michael's view changed and he became more patient and started taking advantage of this opportunity to grow.

What wonderful advice! It's so easy to get upset at this little guy, but he's not doing it on purpose, just as the baby won't either! It's part of nature. And the faster we recognize that the better we will be at handling the stress of a little one, with the Lord's help!

Lord, thank you for my husband and for all of the wonderful family and friends You have given us to encourage us towards godliness!

No comments:

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.