Saturday, May 30, 2009

Southern Charm

Tonight I have a potluck dinner with all of the wives at the Commander's house! I signed up for a veggie.

As some of you know, the west is very different from the south... no drawls, sweet tea (they look at you funny if you ask for some), or southern hospitality - people just aren't nice! So I'm bringing some of my southern roots to tonight's dinner with one of my favorite veggie dishes: Zucchini and Squash! (It helps that I've been craving it!)

Here's the recipe:
3 sm. zucchini, washed
3 sm. summer squash, washed
2 lg. onions, halved and sliced thin
Salt and Pepper to taste

In small amount of oil in skillet, cook onion until transparent. Remove from pan.
In same oil, cook zucchini and squash (which have been sliced thin) until just crisp and tender. Combine with onions and serve.


Now I'm thirsty for some of Mom's sweet tea! It's good to be a GRITS!

1 comment:

lynn said...

The lack of southern food out west here should probably be no surprise. But I've found there is different "southern food" to be found. I miss alot of things from back home, but I've enjoyed finding new things that I've come to enjoy - Don't ever forget your "Gritty" roots. I haven't.

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.