Friday, May 8, 2009

This weekend rocks... Like my husband!

Why my husband rocks (!):

Yesterday, I received one of the best presents ever... my awesome Husband on my front stoop with gorgeous flowers in hand!!! I had talked to him throughout the day and he said he had been flying and then was off to the bike shop to replace some flat tires. Unbeknown st to me he was really on his way to Vegas to surprise me for the weekend! I sure do love him! I couldn't have wished for a better present!

Honestly, part of me was hoping that he would have flowers delivered for mother's day, but it seemed like a long shot so I threw it aside. But Michael went above and beyond my expectations!!!! Not only did I get some of the prettiest flowers that he has ever given me but I got HIM for the weekend! Yeah! I got a hot date! No flying solo this weekend... :)

On top of all of this, on short notice I was able to book an appointment with an ultrasound technician so we both could find out what we're having...

a GIRL!!!!!!

We are very excited with this news! I was pretty bummed that Michael wasn't going to be able to be with me at my Dr. appointment on Wednesday (but was thankful that Mom could at least share the excitement with me). You can imagine what a blessing it was to have my hubby there! This was the first and possibly only time Michael has been able to be a part of this process - aside from hopefully being there when this little one makes an appearance!

Thank you for all of your prayers!



Our little GIRL!!!!


Her legs were above her head most of the time... our acrobat. :)

6 comments:

Chelsea and Jacquelyn said...

congrats Kate! Little Girls are so fun

Coughlin Family said...

Our granddaughter is so beautiful, just like her momma. We are so happy for the both of you. Michael is going to be the sweetest dad ever and you are going to be the best mom ever. What a special gift from God. Love and Prayers,
Mom

Grace Caroline said...

I am SOOOOOO excited Katie!!! A GIRL!! Ahhh!! :D I knew it!!
That was really sweet of Michael to surprise you :) we all love him!!

heather michelle said...

That is so exciting, Katie. A little girl.. too fun!!!! You and Mike are gonna be wonderful parents. Miss you.

Kate Van said...

AHH! So fun, my little girl is my best buddy! We laugh & cry together already. I'm thrilled for you guys!

Katie Paulus said...

Thank you! We are excited! I think this will make the last half of the pregnancy a little more bearable 'cause I'll be waiting to see "her"!!!

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.