Friday, April 2, 2010

Piggy prizes

So the story goes, forgive me if I don't get it all right, that when my husband and brother in law (twins) were infants Mom and Dad P would award "piggy prize"s for the messiest diaper of the day. Understanding, of course that diapers in the early 80s were nothing compared to the "leak-proof" diapers of 2010. Or so one would think.

Audrey proved that to be false today as she has many days (more than I wish to recount). Yup. She got the piggy prize. She pooped all the way up her back to her shoulder blades. One of those diapers that you run the bath water and consider the best way to approach taking off the offended clothing. Scissors? Roll it? Over her head? Slide down her legs? You know it's going to be bad, regardless of how you take it off.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we tried prunes recently... yeah. It RAN through her system.

And the best thing about babies (at least Audrey) she couldn't give a rat's patooty about the mess her patooty's in. Sitting there happy as a clam. With her pants full of ... you know.

It's good to be a mom. It's good to be a mom. It's good to be Audrey's mom. Right. Keeping things in perspective. :)

Haha! On to the next adventure!

No comments:

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.