Thursday, April 1, 2010

$$ in my pocket

So I've got the diaper bug again. Excuse me, the cloth diaper bug.
For the last few months I've been using disposable diapers because I found that I was only spending $4 a week to diaper Audrey... and it was easier since Michael was deployed.
But, the other day I spent $20 on a box of diapers and realized that I could have taken that $20 and bought 2 cloth diapers that would last me months rather than days and that I could use on baby #2* (and hopefully #3 +).
*note: I AM NOT PREGNANT
So now the search begins again for the most cost efficient cloth diaper system. I'm planning on sticking with prefolds and covers but I haven't decided which brand.
The debate is between Bummis and Thirsties, both of which I've used before.
I would love any advice! (especially if you've used the Thirsties Duo Diaper cover)

No comments:

For I am in a time of life when things change around me. Everything I own or think I have control over I must lay before my Father's feet: my education, my body, my place of residence, my husband, my children.